Reception / Front of House Manager
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Reception Manager to join their highly successful company based in the heart of Cornwall, within the Hotel / Hospitality Sector. You will have previous experience in a similar post and have confidence carrying out all duties of the role detailed below.
This is a great opportunity a candidate who is looking to further their career.
Your primary purpose will be to oversee the smooth running of the front desk / reception department, offering exceptional levels of service to ensure guest satisfaction at all times. You will be offering on-going support and training to the reception team, making ensure all are providing guests with useful and helpful information on the hotel, services and local facilities as well as actively promoting sales by up selling and being highly knowledgeable on services and packages on offer.
Duties will include:
- Providing a competent and professional service to all hotel guests and visitors, being the first point of contact both on the telephone, via email and face to face, ensuring that the standards are mirrored throughout the whole team.
- Dealing with arrivals and departures promptly and efficiently in line with in house standards.
- Accountable for the day to day accounting procedures of the reception service and that all guest accounting functions are accurate and complete, and guest accounting is in line with company procedures.
- Actioning all guest needs with courtesy and respect, ensuring that the guests feel that they are receiving 1st class customer service, being both reactive and pro-active to the needs of guests, at all times.
- To carryout, review and update where appropriate, all Reception procedures, as per Company policy. Responsible for producing hazard spotting, Risk Assessments and Operating Procedures for the Front of House department.
- Assisting and carrying out quality training and coaching in a professional and positive manner.
- Arranging and conducting 1:1 meetings and performance reviews as well attending head of department meetings, working with other managers to ensure communication throughout the hotel is as clear and effective as possible.
- Manage all employee HR, employment and relations issues according to Company standards and guidelines.
- Ensure that the reception area is always presented in pristine condition.
- To ensure that all VIP guests are met on arrival and departure, and that all additional requirements have been actioned, in order to ensure good customer relations and establish future business opportunities
Skills and Knowledge required :
- Essential to have previous experience and knowledge of a similar role in the hotel and leisure industry.
- Previous experience of supervising the day to day running of a front of house department.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with other staff and contacts in external agencies.
- High level of customer care skills, face to face, by telephone or electronic communication systems. With ability to establish good working relationships with other HODs and staff, guests, visitors, representatives of outside agencies and suppliers, and possess influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strategic thinker, able to prioritise workloads, working to tight delaines whilst remaining positive and pro-active to the ever changing business needs.
- Ability to be sympathetic but persuasive when dealing with customer complaints.
- Excellent IT Skills ability to update and record information, and perform administrative duties such as maintaining databases and accounting systems.
- Knowledge and use of web based and text based marketing solutions, databases, spread sheets / word processing.
- Passionate and committed to the industry, aware and comfortable with the demanding hours that this sector dictates, especially at peak seasons.
The package on offer is dependent on the candidates experience and background, the salary will be up to £22k mark, with other benefits and incentives as well as second to none management support and training opportunities. For furl details please submit your cv.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Cornwall
Salary : £18k - £22k pa
Date Advertised : 12 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.