Project Surveyor / Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Job Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Build)
Location: South West, Devon, Cornwall, Plymouth, Exeter, Torbay, Torquay, Paignton
Sector: Building (Education Sector)
Salary: £125-175 Per Day
Our client urgently requires a Project Surveyor / Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work on various education schemes throughout the region varying in value between £10-15m.
My client are a major Building contractor who have secured a number of large education projects throughout the region. They are currently looking for a Project Surveyor / Assistant Quantity Surveyor to assist the Commercial sector working on a number of Building / Education based schemes.
Reporting to the Lead Quantity Surveyor, the Project Surveyor / Assistant Quantity Surveyor will assist in all commercial and
contractual matters on the sites allocated to the Lead Quantity Surveyor.
- Analysis of construction estimates, order book and authorised costs
- Assisting in establishing the requirements and undertaking feasiblilty studies
- Delivery of post contract report of works to a high standard
- Preparing tenders and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Commercial activities for all schemes / projects
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting
and cost/value reporting.
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters.
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are
placed on time and in accordance with the company policy.
A solid Assistant Quantity Surveyor or Project Surveyor background within a main contractor is essential, coupled with build experience (project values ranging between £10-15m). Any experience of working on education schemes would be a distinct advantage.
If you would like to learn more about this role please contact Rhea Isom at ASC Recruitment - 01934 635025 alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : Devon, Cornwall, Plymouth, Exeter, Torquay, Paignton
Salary : £125-175 p/day
Date Advertised : 04 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.