Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
My client, a leading Food manufacturer is looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join their team in Launceston.
The main purpose of the role is to supply service, maintain and repair for all production equipment in order for output to be maintained at optimum efficiency
- To attend breakdowns, in order to minimise machine downtime.
- To maintain machinery in the highest order.
- To be aware of the days plan and to prioritise the work around it.
- To diagnose defect, effect repair and evaluate results, ie, run it before leaving.
- To identify and order correct spare parts from different sources and communicate this information across levels.
- To be available for prompt attendance to breakdown with the correct tools.
- To read and access information in order to keep up to date with technological advancement and implement best practice.
- To understand drawing and handbooks in order to work and apply information to the full scale.
- To adhere to Health & Safety rules in order to prevent accidents and to ensure a safe operation of equipment for all.
- To monitor the dynamic performance of new and current machines on a continuing basis and suggest improvements.
- To liaise with contractors, to assess the quality and performance of their work in order to ensure that correct standards are maintained.
- To keep records up to date in accordance with good engineering practice and carry out effective handovers.
- To communicate with other departments, to influence and educate in order to draw attention to current state, impending problems and to effect a spirit of co-operation across departments.
- To support building services tasks including general building maintenance to hot water system, refrigerant systems.
Skills and Experience:
- Formal engineering qualification/recognised apprenticeship with multi skilling focus.
- Hands on engineering experience ideally within Food manufacturing
- Computer Literacy
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Launceston
Salary : £27k pa
Date Advertised : 11 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.