Quality Engineer (Medical Devices)
£32,000 to £38,000 + £8000 Relocation Package + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Brilliant Benefits Package
In this varied and challenging role you will provide support in all aspects of Quality activities, striving for continuous improvement of operational performance and customer satisfaction with respect to quality.
The role will suit Quality Engineers with experience of working in a medical devices manufacturing environment.
In a beautiful part of the country you will enjoy a great work life balance with this role. The company will assist with any house move and offer up to £8000 in relocation assistance. This company is a renowned employer in the area. They are global, have a long and secure history and have an advanced manufacturing facility.
This vacancy offers the successful candidate a great opportunity as the company views quality activity with the upmost importance.
* Provide necessary support to the manufacturing teams as and when required
* Detailed inspection of internally rejected components and products supplying statistical data and to facilitate the identification and implementation of corrective actions and continuous improvement
* Day to day Supplier Quality Assurance activities and associated 8D investigations where non-conforming products are delivered
* To collate and provide quality performance data in support of Management Review and Continuous Improvement.
* Day to day management and operation of the Customer Returns process and associated 8D investigations, then by using a team approach, identifying root cause and permanent preventative actions
* Detailed inspection and analysis of returned parts to highlight specific problems, trends, methods of improvement, preventative actions etc.
* The control and retention management of all Manufacturing Documents
* Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship with the relevant qualifications (HNC/HND/Degree) or a recognised Engineering Degree and subsequent experience
* Background in mechanical/manufacturing engineering, inspection techniques, knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control Systems
* Knowledge of quality tools and techniques, e.g. Discipline investigations, 5 Why, 7 Step, Ishikawa diagrams, SPC, FMEA, Pareto Analysis, parts and process capability studies
* Able to investigate and solve complex issues and define root cause using good analytical skills
* Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Newquay, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Bristol, Wiltshire, West Midlands, South West England, South East England, North West England, North East England, Wales
Salary : £32,000 to £38,000
Date Advertised : 25 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.