Prison Custody Officer (Escort) Truro
Prison Custody Officers play a vital role in managing prisoner movements between detention & court locations. You are relied upon to deliver a safe & secure service ensuring the security and supervision of prisoners at all relevant stages of the custody process
What you'll need:
We need reliable, resilient and responsible people who are able to work in isolation and as part of a greater team. We're looking for confident people who can maintain high levels of concentration for long periods of time in a pressured environment.
Although you will have basic working hours you should also be prepared to work varying shifts, additional hours or shifts reflecting the operational requirements. This can include weekends & Bank Holidays
Shifts will start as early as 5am and there will be no guaranteed end time to shifts. Therefore shift patterns could involve late nights and early starts.
- Security and supervision of prisoners at all relevant stages of the custody process.
- Working within court based locations or vehicle bases
- Searching individuals and their possessions, escort vehicles and locations.
- Ensuring documentation is completed and processes are adhered to.
- Managing and controlling incidents should they occur.
- Assisting at court as required.
To be eligible for this vacancy, you must:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be able to undertake all the physical aspects of the role
- Be able to work a variety of shift patterns including weekends and public holidays
To apply for this role please complete the online application and attach your CV
Applications will be accepted until midday on 30th November 2012
The recruitment process consists of 2 stages. You will need to pass each stage to progress onto the next:
- Stage 1: Online Application form. Once your application has been screened and if successful you will then be invited to undertake Stage 2
- Stage 2: Assessment Centre consisting of written & numeracy tests that are conducted in an examination style environment.
Please ensure you have an email address that can be used to send correspondence to
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave from day 1
- Discounts on childcare vouchers, healthcare plans
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Truro, Cornwall
Salary : Excellent
Date Advertised : 12 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.