As part of the growth strategy my client now seek a highly professional Operations Director who will be fully responsible for all aspects of delivering the high quality product that will ensure that the company continues to meet its growth plans.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Work closely with the MD to drive on-time delivery performance and profitability.
* Manage the commercial assessment of completed orders, to put in place actions, change and investment as necessary to maximise profitability whilst delivering on-time and on-spec.
* Evaluate ERP systems to determine the cost, implementation and timescale of a suitable new system that will enable the company to grow beyond £20M.
* Engage all the team to maximise performance in all operational areas.
* Maximise shop floor efficiency and utilisation to ensure that all capital equipment is fully utilised to drive on time delivery.
* People management; provide the necessary management, development, support and training as required.
* Enforce discipline and adherence to company policies across all areas.
* Specify and justify all capital investment proposals.
* Drive action to ensure that customer delivery dates are achieved, with customers made aware with revised dates.
* Manage and fully integrate the functional activities of Engineering, Procurement and Manufacturing to contribute to the overall Operational performance.
* Customer liaison as required by email, telephone and face to face.
* Ensure that all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental regulations are adhered to.
The successful candidate will have a 'hands on' technical background. It is essential that you have a proven track record of leading the operations in a precision engineered solutions, high quality environment. Experience in either the oil & gas or high vacuum sectors would be particularly beneficial as would be previous multi-site operations. And naturally excellent people management skills are a given. In summary:
* Strong and proven man management skills.
* Engineering background, with precision engineering experience.
* Commercial awareness and financial experience.
* Comprehensive Operational management experience.
* Experienced and comfortable with customer liaison.
* Can quickly establish credibility and respect.
* Previous success in developing culture and implementing significant change to drive Operational excellence.
* Hands on, make things happen approach.
* Strong willed and determined.
* Capable of operating at all levels within the business.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : South Coast, Hampshire, Surrey, West Sussex, Guildford, Portsmouth, Southampton, Brighton, Horsham, Basingstoke, Bournemouth, Pool
Salary : c£80,000 + Package
Date Advertised : 18 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.