PURCHASING ASSISTANT, CORNWALL
Purchasing and Control Assistant, Cornwall: Our client is a beautiful privately owned 4 star hotel and an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing and Control Assistant to ensure the efficient and effective running of the accounts department in Newquay, Cornwall.
This award winning landmark hotel is on the edge of the vibrant town of Newquay overlooking the world famous Fistral Beach with an eclectic mix of guests from laid back surfers to busy executives. Throughout the years, the staff have always been extremely important to the success of the Hotel and in 1992 they became the first company in Cornwall to receive the Investors in People award. Now, they are the first hotel in Cornwall to be awarded Gold!
As Purchasing and Control Assistant you will be responsible for all purchases, storage and control of all goods inwards. This is a developmental role and there is the opportunity to progress to a management role for the right candidate.
* To be fully responsible for the purchasing functions as per current agreements already in place with numerous suppliers
* Review market prices and 'shopping basket' list prices of fresh produce suppliers on a routine basis
* Liaise with relevant heads of department and management on all outstanding ledger accounts, chasing debtors, control of adjustments on guest accounts, and internal auditing such as food and beverage chits
* To work with management team to set and maintain logical stock levels for all items, as well as monitoring usage and frequency of deliveries
* Responsible for the proper storage of all items until issued or properly requisitioned to the various departments
* Working with the Goods Inwards Assistant to ensure that goods are recognised on arrival, checked for quality, quantity and undamaged, where food is concerned at the correct temperature
* Ensuring that credit notes or other appropriate paperwork is sought
* Engage and contribute to Head of Department meetings as required
* Maintain an accurate database, to enable you to make relevant price checks against invoices
* Assist with both the internal and external food and beverage stocktaking process
* Maintain logical stock levels to ensure supply availability to departments
* Develop a monthly audit procedure as directed by the general manager to investigate and report findings across a number of revenue streams within the business
For the role of Purchasing and Control Assistant, relevant purchasing and control and related administration experience is required with a background in the leisure sector and/or hotel operations preferred.
To be considered for the role of Purchasing and Control Assistant you must have:
* Strong I.T skills, especially Excel (Advanced) and Outlook; knowledge of SAGE and Protel would be advantageous
* Enthusiasm and knowledge for fresh produce
* Attention to detail and procedural compliance
* Competent negotiation skills
* Ability to be assertive when necessary
* Ability to understand complex internal systems
* Excellent communicator, the role will require regular communication with internal department heads as well as external suppliers and customers
* Flexible and proactive approach to problems, an eagerness to learn and a can do attitude
* Organised, methodical and tenacious
This exciting role of Purchasing and Control Assistant is offering a competitive remuneration package including:
* Basic salary £16,000 to £18,000 per annum depending on experience
* The opportunity to progress to a management role
* Complimentary staff food on duty
* Use of the leisure facilities
* Membership of the staff and friends dining and accommodation scheme
* Long service scheme including extra days of holiday once you have completed just one year of service
* Annual awards dinners for those who have completed five years or more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please note that in accordance with Hot Recruitment Consultants recruitment and consultancy processes, if you are shortlisted your CV may be sent to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
Applications for the role of Purchasing and Control Assistant will only be considered if we are provided with a full CV detailing your recent work experience in a similar capacity with dates of employment.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Purchasing, Buying, Accountancy, Accounts, Stock Control,
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Cornwall
Salary : £16k - 18k per year
Date Advertised : 31 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.