Advisor (Capacity & Resiliance) Work Programme
Our specialist Capacity & Resilience Advisors plan a programme of flexible and tailored support, including appropriate support to build capacity and resilience, pre and post placement. Working on our new Work Programme contract, you will consistently guide and advise customers who have complex barriers to work through their personal journey into sustained employment, acting as a single point of contact for the customer. You will provide a broker specialist support from statutory partners and other relevant organisations whilst all the time empowering, motivating and supporting customers to move into sustainable employment.
What You Will Be Doing
I act as a single point of contact to guide and advise our customers who have complex barriers to sustainable work. Through talking and listening to my customer I am able to identify and arrange appropriate support through my knowledge and experience to help break down the barriers. The support could be from an external statutory partner - whatever is right for my customer. I make sure that all the personal records are up to date and that once both I and my customer are ready, I am then able to pass them onto the next stage of their journey. In the majority of cases, I work with customers throughout their whole journey with A4e in to work, including supporting them in employment. This works because I get to know my customers, the issues they face and therefore I'm able to identify the right job opportunity and employer for them. Sometimes they may need help with Skills and I work with other Advisors to support this.
What You Will Need To Have
- Ability to demonstrate A4e's DNA: Trusted, Driven, Caring, Passionate, Brave and Friendly.
- Impact & Influence: Able to demonstrate excellent rapport building, communication and influencing skills. Able to successfully adapt to a diverse range of people from a variety of backgrounds. Experience gained from an Information, Advice and Guidance background and or qualification would be beneficial but not essential. Must have experience of building strong working relationships with partner organisations.
- Customer Focus: Able to use effective questioning techniques with customers to get to the root of issues. Proven ability to manage and diffuse difficult situations. Understanding the importance of confidentiality with the ability to develop trusting relationships through dependability and honesty. Experience in supporting people who have serious or complex barriers (i.e drug or alcohol dependency, health or disability etc) to progress whether through A4e or signposted to other partner organisations. Able to show empathy, remaining positive and staying motivated and focused on the end goal.
- Personal Organisation: An extremely conscientious and well organised approach to work load. Experience of working independently and using own initiative. The ability to plan effectively in order to pre-empt potential difficult situations and counteract effectively. Able to demonstrate a proactive and innovative approach to workload.
- Drives Performance: Able to demonstrate effective case management experience and the ability to work successfully with 'hardest to help' customers who have significant support needs. A proven track record in achieving successful outcomes with this customer group. Demonstrates passion to motivate, empathise, inspire and lead others by example.
- Commercial & Financial Acumen: A desire to succeed and the ability to work to set targets. Confident in all areas of numeracy, literacy and IT skills as required for the role.
Who We Are
A4e is a leading public service provider, serving thousands of people across three continents - Europe, Australasia and Asia. A4e's core mission is to improve people's lives. We work in partnership with governments, public sector organisations, private sector companies, voluntary and community groups to deliver a range of front line public services, including employment and welfare, training, education and money and legal advice.
A4e is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its staff and customers. We expect all our staff to be aware of their responsibilities to protect staff and customers from abuse or harm. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check or Disclosure Scotland check and to provide proof of their right to work in the UK. We are committed to equality and fairness across all employment opportunities and service delivery. At A4e 'Everyone Matters' and all managers and employees are expected to ensure our workplaces and services are accessible and inclusive.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Newham (Stratford)
Salary : £17500 - £24000
Date Advertised : 08 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.