Registered Nursing Home Manager
Registered Home Manager
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + Bonus
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced nursing home manager who is Nurse Qualified with an excellent salary + Bonus in Newham, London.
This is a 116 bed nursing home based in the Newham area. To make the size of home manageable and ensure the nursing team can look after the residents to the best of their abilities the home is split into four units covering the frail, mentally ill, residents requiring enduring mental health care and then residents with continuing mental health needs. You will also be working for a national company that provide great support and training.
This is a challenging but rewarding position where you will manage and provide guidance to all staff working within the home.
* To deliver staff training in dementia awareness and person centred care to all new staff.
* To take responsibility for developing and supporting systems to respond to referrals in accordance with Care Assists Ltd referral criteria.
* To support staff in understanding and coping with behaviours that challenge others when supporting a person living with dementia and reduce the use of prescribed antipsychotics.
* To advise on the provision of a range of psychological and social interventions to promote mental health and well-being of both the person with dementia and their family carers.
* To be responsible for the recruitment, supervision, appraisal, induction, development and performance management of the dementia nurses and support workers within the service.
* To ensure staff are adequately trained, supported and supervised in accordance with relevant policies and quality standards.
* To maintain and manage all file in accordance with CQC requirements.
* When appropriate, to signpost clients to a choice of suitable other sources of help, to offer clients printed information, and send within established timescales.
* To maintain accurate, up to date client support plans and client contact records.
* Dementia, mental health, disabilities, and benefits and income advice, including Primary and Secondary care, Social Care and Health, and Welfare Benefit agencies, with the aim of empowering individuals to make informed choices.
* To provide specialist knowledge to support staff enabling them to develop their skills in the assessment and management of people with complex needs in a person centred framework
* We're looking for an experienced nursing home manager who has experience of running an elderly nursing home.
* It is essential you are Nurse Qualified, non-qualified applicants will not be considered.
* Ideally you will have been a registered manager previously and manage successful homes.
* You will have a passion for wanting to continually improve the level of service and maintain this.
* Dedicated to the care of elderly and enjoy working within a residential / nursing environment.
This position would also be suitable for Registered Manager, Nurse Manager, Care Home Manager, Nursing Home Manager, Home Manager, RGN Manger or RMN Manager.
To apply for this or similar opportunities, please click the apply button, alternatively please contact Bobbie on 0121 362 2314.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Newham
Salary : £60000.00 - £65000.00 pa
Date Advertised : 04 Feb 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.