Head of Project Management
We have been assigned by our client, a specialist engineering consultancy with a client base spanning the whole of the UK, who seek to recruit a Head of Project Management.
This is a senior level post within the organisation and the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring the ongoing success and development of the companies contract base. The role will work very closely with the Operations Director in the successful execution of the company`s contracts across a number of business revenue streams.
The position shall be based principally in Truro, with relatively frequent UK travel to include a number of visits to the company`s Bristol based office.
* Overall responsibility for all operational and commercial activities undertaken by the Company`s ?turnkey` Installation divisions.
* Responsible for Project delivery and management including allocating resource, programming and contract administration.
* Responsible for setting up and reviewing forms of contract used for both client and sub contractors` contracts.
* Overall responsibility for monitoring and developing effectiveness of contract and commercial control systems and record keeping.
* Ensure that the company`s procedures are followed throughout all disciplines.
* Support the Commercial Manager to ensure that all contracts are financially controlled to give optimum performance.
* Plan the necessary resource and assist the sales team in preparation and submission of tenders.
* Ensure that the projects are delivered in accordance with the agreed contract terms and conditions and that the company`s risk exposure is minimised.
* Should contractual issues arise, ensure that these items are flagged to the Operations Director.
* Ensure that accurate monthly contract reports are submitted to the Operations Director.
* Ensure that own and those under direct control are set and meet set deadlines.
Person Spec (experience and skills required):
* All aspects of commercial management (projecting estimating, cost control and reporting)
* Working in a high pressure environment
* Balancing the contractual/client relationship
* Managing subcontractors in terms of commercial and quality performance
* Knowledge of waste to energy processes within the AD & IE sectors
* Knowledge of civil engineering
* Knowledge of contract/project management
* Used to working in a targeted environment
* Understanding of estimating and cost control programmes
* Must be IT literate to a reasonable level
* Good general education
Applicants must hold CSCS, SMSTS, IOSH and ideally a professional qualification as well as have significant general experience within the construction and M&E industry.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and no CVs will be passed to our client without first gaining express candidate consent. Please contact Alex Callister quoting reference AC1328 for further details.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Truro, Cornwall Commutable from St Austell, Redruth, Camborne, Falmouth, Newquay
Salary : Up to £50,000 + Full benefits inc car & matched pe
Date Advertised : 17 Feb 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.