Machine Learning / Scientific Software Engineer - Plymouth
Mathematicians and Scientific Programmers / Developers required with experience of, or skills applicable to, Machine Learning. IO Technologies Group Ltd is an well established online advertising company developing cutting edge real time bidding software technologies. We require machine learning specialists to complement our existing team of software engineers, data analytics and NoSQL experts.
We require applicants with strong mathematical ability:
* PhD in maths, computer science or similar subject or comparable qualifications / experience with an emphasis on Machine Learning.
* A demonstrable understanding of classifier, clustering and decision tree algorithms and their variants.
* Experience in Python or the willingness to quickly adopt it.
* Team working and communication skills
* Experience of working with advanced SVMs, CART & Random Forests.
* Numpy, R,
* Mahout, MapReduce, Machine Learning within a Big Data context
Award of share options under the company emi scheme
Training may be provided for candidates with demonstrably exceptional potential.
The permanent place of work is Plymouth (city centre) and commutable within Devon/Cornwall.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Plymouth, Exeter, Truro, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Bristol, Taunton
Salary : £35k - £50k pa (dep exp)
Date Advertised : 27 Feb 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.